Hot Toys AC02 Kerberos Panzer Jäger : Protect Gear Collectible Figure
Following the release of the incredible Samurai Predator Collectible Figure, the first ever collaboration with legendary artist Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之)*, Hot Toys is thrilled to join hands with Mr. Takeya again to bring you a collectible figure of the Protect Gear from Kerberos Panzer Jäger (ケルベロス 鋼鉄の猟犬) which is part of the classic Japanese franchise - Kerberos Saga**. Over the past few years, Hot Toys’ Production Director and Chief Painter, Mr. JC. Hong (홍진철), had been working closely with Mr. Takeya and his team to create the high quality articulated collectible figure.
The Kerberos Panzer Jäger: 1/6th scale Protect Gear Collectible Figure is the latest addition in the Hot Toys’ Artist Collection. It is based on the radio drama by Mr. Mamoru Oshii (押井守) in 2006 called Kerberos Panzer Jäger and the story is set in Germany during World War II before the events of the original Kerberos timeline.
The collectible figure features newly sculpted and uniquely painted black full body armor, a head with the iconic mask and light up function, an interchangeable head sculpt with face of a Panzer Company trooper, detailed weapons and accessories, and a specially designed debris diorama base.
The Kerberos Saga is a military sci-fi franchise originally created in the late 80s by Japanese writer and filmmaker, Mr. Mamoru Oshii, who has also directed the popular anime sci-fi film - Ghost in the Shell. One of the most iconic elements in the Kerberos Saga is the full body armor called Protect Gear that the characters wear and its amazingly cool design has even inspired many adaptations in video games and movies.
The 1/6th scale Protect Gear Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Original Protect Gear design
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Body with 30 points of articulations
- One (1) head with mask and light-up function (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) sculpted head with coif and face of a Panzer Company trooper
- Six (6) interchangeable gloved palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding pistol
- One (1) right palm for holding machine gun
- One (1) left palm for holding machine gun
- One (1) left palm for supporting machine gun
- One (1) black shirt
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) upper-body chainmail-like netting
- One (1) uniquely painted black colored full body Protect Gear armor
- One (1) pair of black boots
- One (1) machine gun with bipod
- One (1) pistol with stock
- Two (2) pistol ammo clips
- One (1) helmet
- One (1) carrying frame
- One (1) radio gear with antenna
- One (1) ammunition pack with ammo belt
- One (1) debris diorama base with abandoned helmet, mask, and Kerberos Panzer Jäger logo
- Original Drama & Supervision: Mamoru Oshii
- Original Designer: Jun Suemi***
- Original Sculptors: Takayuki Takeya & Eisaku Kito
- Original Sculpt Producer: Satoshi Koizumi
- Sculpted by:
- Takashi Yamaguchi
- Masaaki Koseki
- Yong Kyum, Kim
- Jong Hyuk, Park
- Seung Min, Kang
- Hyeong Seok, Koh
- Yu Mi, Kim
- Painted by Yoong Young, Lee & JC. Hong
- Costume Designed by Hai Lim
- Special Thanks to KAZ & Kazuyoshi Hirose (BARQUE INC.)
Release date: Q3-Q4, 2014
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required
©2006・2014 MAMORU OSHII / BARQUE INC.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.
*More about Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之):
Mr. Takayuki Takeya has been acclaimed for his outstanding sculpting skill and designs especially for his unique creature and organic mechanical designs that are driven by his distinctive interpretation and vision. Back in 2001, Mr. Takayuki has collaborated with Hot Toys to present the amazing Samurai Predator that has combined elements of traditional Japanese samurai style with a Western pop culture icon – the Predator. In 2006, Mr. Takayuki Takeya was approached by BARQUE Inc. to create a model statue of Protect Gear based on illustrations from the Kerberos Panzer Jäger official guidebook by Mr. Jun Suemi.
**More about Kerberos Saga (ケルベロス・サーガ):
The Kerberos Saga is a military science fiction franchise and alternate history universe created in 1986 by the Japanese writer and filmmaker Mamoru Oshii who is also famous for his work on Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor series. The Kerberos Saga spans across a number of media such as feature films, radio dramas, comics, and animation films. The story is based upon altered historical events which lead to a world very different from the one we live today.
***More about Jun Suemi (末弥純):
Mr. Jun Suemi is an acclaimed Japanese illustrator. He has provided many artwork and designs for a number of video games, and fantasy novels such as Front Mission, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Evil in Small Doses add-on for Final Fantasy XIV. Mr. Suemi has created the artwork for Kerberos Panzer Jäger official guidebook.
Pre Order Deadline : 8 March 2014
Deposit : RM80
Release Date : Q4 2014
Reward Points : 2xMothership Points = 1760